Thursday, January 17, 2008

Love Glorious Love



With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I thought I'd write my blog on love today. These are a few of my favorite pictures of couples Iv'e taken over the years.




This first picture is of one of my favorite weddings I've ever been blessed to photograph. Their names are Fawn and Carlos. This couple flew to SanFrancisco to elope, and surprised their families with the news when they got back home to Mississippi. The only participants in this actual wedding ceremony were 4 of their friends, the minister, and my photographer partner (Susan) and myself. It was truly a romantic setting, with the fog rolling into the background, the sun about to set. I cried, and I didn't even know the couple before the day of the wedding. They were absolutly beautiful, and I'm sure they will have this romantic story to tell to their family and friends for years to come.


This next photograph, one of my favorites of all times, is of my husbands cousin Deanna and her new husband Lathan. Deanna was as a young girl, maybe 10 years old, a flower girl in my wedding. We watched this girl blossom into a beautiful young, responsible lady. She started dating Lathan while still in high school, and finally after he completed years of training with the Dept. of Forestry, got married. It was quite a long engagement. I am very proud of them both, and feel very privliged that they invited me to be their photographer at their wedding.

No comments: