Saturday, July 25, 2009

Colorado Road Trip










I am on vacation with my kids and my friend Deborah right now. Originally we were taking a road trip down the Oregon coast to California to visit my family, but our plans changed the day before we were supposed to leave. Instead we took a long trip to Colorado to visit my sister, whom has 6 children, (5 of which are adopted). The adventure has begun. We stayed our first night in a Oregon at a Hot Lake RV campground, which was very nice. I could have lived without the mosquito's though. There was a nice warm swimming pool we got to go swimming in right before we went to bed. The kids loved sleeping in the tent. The next morning we drove to Twin Falls Idaho. I never knew there was such a beautiful canyon and waterfall there. It's considered the Niagara Falls of Idaho. It was amazing. We unfortunately weren't there at the key light hour to get those amazing photos, but the view was breathtaking none the less. It was definitely worth the stop. We decided to truck all the way through the next day to Colorado. Utah had amazing rock formations like I've never seen before and Wyoming was so vast... I only wish I had more time to stop and enjoy more of the scenery.

We're now in Fort Collins visiting the family. Enjoying the company of my sister, brother-in-law, and 6 nieces and nephews. We've been doing lots of swimming, and horseback riding, and today we'll be going hiking. I'll try to continue posting pictures if I can. We'll be heading back through Yellowstone National Park next Wednesday. I can't wait to see it.

1 comment:

Sous Chef Mom said...

Hey if you make it into Denver proper, let me know! I am in Littleton, I would love to see ya and say hello with a hug! :)