Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Independence Day















I hope you all enjoyed your 4th of July Celebration. What a beautiful one it was this year. I love photographing fireworks. It's a challenge, and it's so fulfilling when you get a great shot. This year though I only photographed the ones that we put off ourselves. I really wanted to just be able to watch the big show and relax this time. It was so nice. The weather was awesome. I wore shorts and a T-shirt the entire evening.










We celebrated with our friends the Pashke's and their family this year. We ate, played Frisbee on the lawn and set off bundles of firecrackers with the kiddos. Then once it got dark we all piled into our cars and drove down to the Port Orchard Water Front where they put on the annual firework show over the water. It was a perfect way to celebrate the Independence of our country. My only regret was that I didn't take a picture of my strawberry, blueberry and cool whip flag decorated angel food cake that I made for the party. It looked like an American flag and it was a big hit. Once the first slice was cut into, it was gone within 5 minutes. Yummy...










Here are a few fun pictures I took of the kids playing with sparklers and such...










By the way, the best light show that I saw last night was put on by God... The sunset was remarkable, and the full moon was pretty impressive too. Never try to out-do God. He's got the upper hand when it comes to putting on a good show. Well enjoy your summer. I'll be getting back to you all soon.

No comments: